April 9, 2015

Closet Confidential // Dogtooth mini

Monochrome...who doesn't love the classic combination of black and white?

I recently purchased this Misspap dogtooth mini skirt and decided to take it out on a little trip to the market. I needed to buy some sweet potatoes and casava (my Africans know whats up) and thought I might as well look cute doing it.

As we transition into the spring summer season (apparently it's already spring but on some days my body is telling me it isn't) it seemed fitting to also add a little bloom to the outfit with a grey and black floral crown. There's something about flowers that look like their in their last days of bloom..no? If you haven't realized by now, I am quite the lover of the dark,deep and mysterious.

When I first got this skirt I was skeptical that it would fit right, dual sizes (S/M,M/L etc) are usually a hit or miss because they can either sway to the smaller or larger fit which can be a problem when you're 5'1 with a sometimes hard to accommodate hip to waist ratio.

Fortunately this skirt went on like a glove, and although I did have to shorten it a bit to make it more mini on my frame, the material is breathable and accommodating on those days where you're out for lunch and anticipating an increase in your waist line. I love clothes but I am not a fan of clothes that interrupt my breathing or my eating habits.

Sidebar: can we just clap for the amazing things that almond oil and coco butter can do for your skin?

Enough chit chat, here are some photos I took before heading out. Don't really know what I'm looking at but hey AESTHETIC.

melanin,almond oil,skin care,black girl,black skin care,thick,fitness,houndstooth,mini skirt,summer,floral crown,glow


melanin,almond oil,skin care,black girl,black skin care,thick,fitness,houndstooth,mini skirt,summer,floral crown,glow




Had to sneak in a not so serious one in here.




melanin,almond oil,skin care,black girl,black skin care,thick,fitness,houndstooth,mini skirt,summer,floral crown,glow, buckle,heels,legs


// Jade Dogtooth print bodycon mini skirt, Misspap here //
// Black crop top,ASOS //
// Black heels, New Look //
// Floral Crown, Mr Price //